Re: Default Mouse Pointer is Wrong

"Ricky Boone" <whiplash@planetfurry.com> wrote in message
news:<1068044377.32617.1.camel@whiplash.planetfurry.com>...
> On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 09:37, Yadin Y. Goldschmidt wrote:
> > Colin Harrison suggested long time ago to add the following line to
the end
> > of your startxwin.bat file:
> > xsetroot -cursor_name left_ptr -fg white -bg black
> > This will change the default mouse from an x to a white arrow.
>
> Ah ha, that did the trick.  My apologies, I didn't even notice the
> suggestion when I searched for it.  -.-;;
>
> Thanks for the help.  :)

I've noticed this too, but haven't complained about it.  I didn't
realize the problem was specific to the -multiwindow window manager.

If this is true, than -multiwindow is not behaving as expected nor as
other window managers behave wrt default cursors.  The xsetroot is a
work-around, but it seems to me this should be regarded as a bug in the
window manager.  The 'X' should be the default cursor when over the root
window but an arrow when over an application window.  Since -multiwindow
doesn't really have a visible root window, it seems like permanently
changing the default cursor to a pointer would be a good/quick solution.

My $.02

Cary