Re: Twin screens

Try the -multimonitor command-line parameter (add it to your current parameters).

I believe that is the name of it... might be -multiplemonitor. In fact, either may work. In any case, it will fail to startup if the name is incorrect, in which case you should try the other one.

Harold

Cliff Stanford wrote:

I am running X using the following start-up command:

start XWin -multiwindow -nounixkill -clipboard -nowinkill

I have recently installed a second monitor onto my system (XP PRO) where the second monitor is to the LEFT of the main screen.

The architecture correctly (in my opinion) treats the 0,0 point as being on the new, left-hand screen and everything works fine on that screen.

If, however, I drag a window across from the left screen to the main screen, it freezes. Doesn't do anything at all, no input, no refresh. Dragging it back makes it happy again.

I assume that it believes it is now off-screen.

Cliff.