Re: freenode.net - IRC channel for the project?

Alexander Gottwald wrote:

Harold L Hunt II wrote:

I like the format of IRC and I think I could answer questions more
quickly there.  I also think that some development discussions would be
better off in IRC.  It is something I want to try, that is all.

Discussing in the messaging systems (irc or icq) is sometimes more productive
than via email. Especially when trying new ideas or debugging strange errors.

I agree. IRC will help us to be more productive.

I like the idea of setting up the channel. But the where and how should be
discussed by the people who are more comfortable with this topic than I am.

Hmm... bummer... I was hoping that someone would have some knowledge about setting up a channel on freenode.net. I'm not having a lot of luck figuring out how they do it. The documentation they have tells how you should operate your channel, but it doesn't tell you if the channels have to registered/reserved and doesn't tell you how to go about doing that if that is the case.

I don't want to pester the freedesktop.org folks asking them too many questions about IRC...