Setup.exe interface and process issues

Hi,

As long as I was ranting about mirrors, I should also mention:

  (I am on Windows95.  I don't know how to find out the version of the
  setup.exe file, but I got it on 2002-05-12 [that's pretty old, but I
  am not sure how to get a newer one].)

a) If there are multiple mirror download directories in a download directory on my local server:

  .../downloads/ftp%3a%2f%2farchive.progeny.com%2fcygwin
  .../downloads/ftp%3a%2f%2fcsociety-ftp.ecn.purdue.edu%2fpub%2fcygwin

  and if when I run setup.exe I select .../downloads as the local package
  directory (instead of one of the directorie below it), setup.exe will
  *lockup*.  I have to Ctrl Alt Delete to kill that one task.

b) The wording of the dialog box in which I select the local package directory is quite confusing and the first time I used it I had to ask somebody which was what. This step could use some clarification if it has not already been clarified.

Thanks.

Jay

--
Jay Smith