Re: Xfree86 is slow! with software like MATLAB

g.macaulay@niwa.co.nz wrote:

> does not show such a marked difference. One point of difference is that the
> Matlab GUI is written entirely in Java, while the other program uses GTK.

With Swing (JFC)? Swing is the most stupid GUI I've ever seen. It draws all
components to a local buffer and transfers these buffers as bitmap to the
xserver. Most likely this transfer is much slower than a simple "draw a gray
rect at 127,86" and "draw text at 129, 88" as GTK and any other "normal"
X11 does its drawing.

bye
    ago
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723