Re: xserver german keyboard

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, Erik Thiele wrote:

> it does. but i don't know what to do with them.
>
> i don't understand why X works with startx, but not with my starting method.
>
> my starting method:link on desktop. target:
> c:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe -c '/usr/X11R6/bin/XWin.exe :0 -query myserver -once -fullscreen'

I'm using a simple shortcut
c:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\XWin.exe -query zipoli -nowinkill -unixkill -nodecoration

> i don't understand why it works with strace, but not without.

This looks like a race condition.

> i don't understand why sometimes he sais he cannot find his cyg6x11 dll,
> but starts anyway.

This is most likely an error message from xkbcomp. If this message is shown,
then xkbcomp will not compile the keyboard layout for the server and you
will stay with the default us layout.

Is the requested dll really cyg6x11.dll? Or was this a mistake. The normal
name is cygX11-6.dll. Any other dllname indicates an problem with the installed
files or a conflict with other installed files (eg. from MS Services for Unix)

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de