Re: large log file

Cary,

Hmm... sounds like I should add a max message count to this error message. It could, say, print the message 10 times then print "Message reached max, not it printing anymore".

Harold

Cary Jamison wrote:

"maklouf" <maklouf@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Hi all,
I installed xserv ver 4.3.0-5 on a windows 2000 sp4 system with

directx

9 and i ahve a large log file (5 gigs) with this line
winShadowUpdateDDNL - IDirectDrawSurface4_Blt () failed: 88760096

does any one has any idea what this could be?

Thanks

Turn off your X screen saver.  You don't need an X screen saver going
when your Windows screen saver is doing its job.

I've found that when the Windows screen saver is on, or I lock my screen
using win-L, and I have an X application running that is drawing to the
screen that my log will get filled with these messages.  The X
screensaver is typically the culprit as it is very busy drawing stuff.

I have reported this problem here before, but it still persists (and I
haven't done anything to fix it myself, shame on me :-)

Cary