RE: Running remote programs locally

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Gary Nicholson wrote:

> After I ssh to remote machine, echo $DISPLAY gives empty string

please try ssh -X remotehost. This turns on X11 Forwarding (please
note: the option -x _disables_ X11 Forwarding)

You can aso turn on X11 Forwarding in ~/.ssh/config by adding
ForwardX11 yes

If it does still not work, then X11Forwaring may be disabled in
the server. Either ask your admin to activate it or add
X11Forwarding yes

to /etc/ssh/sshd_config if you have the sufficient rights.

> "WARNING: no xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11
> forwarding."
>
> Is this a fatal error?

This is a _warning_
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2003-09/msg00011.html