From: cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com
[mailto:cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com] On Behalf Of Harold L Hunt II
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 09:26
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Running remote programs locally

Unless you *really* know what you are doing, in which case you are on
your own, then you are doing the wrong thing with ssh and X clients.
The proper procedure is described in the Cygwin/XFree86 User's Guide:

http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/ug/using-remote-apps.html#using-remote-ap
ps-ssh

Harold

Andrew Clarke wrote:

> Hi.  I'm new to cygwin although I've been using Unix/Linux on and off
> for several years.  I have the full cygwin-xfree package loaded and
I'm
> trying to ssh into my Linux computer and run applications locally.
So,