Re: XWinrc configurable server (menus/icons)

Earle,

Earle F. Philhower III wrote:

Howdy Harold,

At 12:58 PM 8/10/2003 -0400, you wrote:

I have committed your patch to my local tree. However, I wonder why all of the files are prefixed with "winmultiwindow". Is the code purely intended only for multiwindow modes? If so, that is fine. It not, perhaps we should rebrand this before we start releasing it and committing it to CVS.
Other than that, everything looks great. It builds fine and runs, but I haven't had a chance to play around with the prefs file yet (my paths are different than yours, etc.).

You're correct, the taskbar menu configuration is done for single window
mode, too.  Whether that's a useful thing, I'm not really sure (it'll work
fine, but normally you'd just use your window manager's root menu and not
touch the X taskbar icon).

Should we change the file prefixes to something along the lines of "winprefs" then?

Before a commit, I do have a bugfix or two to post.  xwinrc.2.diff throws
out a window custom icon if the window is closed thru the Windoze close
box, and the setsid() CGF suggested isn't in there either.  I also added
an on-the-fly reload menu command so you don't need to restart X to
update the icons/menus.  Would you like a diff against xwinrc.2.diff or
against test95?

Please send the diff against xwinrc.2.diff. I know that a patch can add new files, but will it know to remove the winmultiwindow files that are getting renamed? If not, I will try to manually remove the new files that are renamed.

Thanks for contributing,