Re: XWinrc configurable server (menus/icons)

Howdy David....

At 07:09 AM 8/6/2003 +0200, you wrote:
Wow! This is great! Just what we were discussing earlier...
Just one comment: Is it not possible to automatically set the DISPLAY variable from X so that it automatically starts the xterms etc in the right X display, rather than having to pass a commandline parameter? (In fact, if they inherited the environment, this might happen anyway, but I don't know if X defines DISPLAY inside itself...)

Spawned commands should inherit the ENV settings at the time XWin.exe was started, so if your startx script sets DISPLAY before starting XWin.exe then you don't need any cmdline options.

A simple string replacement in the HandleCustomWM_COMMAND() function
in winmultiwindowprefs.c would also work to allow things like
"xterm -display %display%" to work, but it's not in the code in the patch.

-Earle F. Philhower, III
 earle@ziplabel.com
 cdrlabel - ZipLabel - FlpLabel
 http://www.cdrlabel.com