To: jf505@gmx.de
From: timh@marmot-eng.com <Tim Hubberstey>
Subject: Re: Cygwin and filter selection
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 11:54:44 -0700

> I didn't report it, yet, but I'll do so. I happen to know a bit more
> about how the shell commands read from the standard streams
> (they set up an Xt call back), just in case this error doesn't happen
> for vim. Or maybe I should get vim and figure out how to filter there ...

OK. I've found some additional behavior that might shed some more light:

For certain filters ('tr' for instance) the maximum return size on my
system is 16k (0x4000) but for some other filters (custom filters I
wrote) the maximum return size on my system is 17k (0x4400). Even more
interesting, 'sort' doesn't seem to have a problem with any size (I
stopped testing at 2 MB).

Marmot Engineering . . . . . . .  VHDL, ASICs, FPGAs, embedded systems
Vancouver, BC, Canada  . . . . . . . . . . . http://www.marmot-eng.com