Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Server Test 92

I'm running Win2k SP4. I have a problem with winclip exceptions. If I close down the X session when I have multiple remote terminals open, I almost always get an exception in xwinclip. It is still happening with Test92. I run XWin -multiwindow -clipboard. I get the same xwinclip error at home on win98, but I haven'y upgraded to this server test version yet.
-Pete

Harold L Hunt II wrote:
I would like some feedback as to whether or not this release fixes any crashing with -multiwindow and -clipboard.

Harold

Harold L Hunt II wrote:

Links:

I just posted Test 92 to the server development page:
http://xfree86.cygwin.com/devel/shadow/

You can install the Test 92 package via setup.exe by selecting the
following version of the XFree86-xserv package:        4.2.0-43

Server Test Series binary and source code releases are now
available via the sources.redhat.com ftp mirror network
(http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html) in the
pub/cygwin/xfree/devel/shadow/ directory.  You may wish to note the
desired filename in the links below, then download from your
closest mirror (http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html).

Server binary, direct link:
http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xwin/shadow/XWin-Test92.exe.bz2 (1210 KiB)

Server source, direct link:
http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xwin/shadow/xwin-20030728-2010.tar.bz2 (118
KiB)

xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xwin (all files) diff against Test91 source code:
http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xwin/shadow/xwin-Test91-to-Test92.diff
(9 KiB)

Changes:

1) winconfig.c - Add new defaults for keyboardlayout: German
(Switzerland) and English (USA, International).  (Alexander
Gottwald)

2) XWin.rc - Move Exit button to the bottom of the tray icon's menu.
(List suggestion)

3) winmultiwindowclass.c - Add checks for NULL pointers.  Should help
fix some crashes in MultiWindow mode.  (Ralf Habacker)

4) General - Add global variable that tracks whether XInitThreads ()
has been called so that it is only called once per process.  Calling
XInitThreads multiple times may have been contributing to crashes.
(Harold L Hunt II)

Enjoy,

Harold

-- Peter W. Colovas RNC Traffic Processing Department cPSB Development Lucent Technologies Naperville, IL +1 630 224-2181