Re: xfig-3.2.3d-cygwin-1.3 does not work after updating to cygwin 1.3.22-1

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Boris Narozhny wrote:

> I have encountered the following problem: after updating to the
> latest cygwin distribution (cygwin 1.3.22-1 and XFree that comes
> with it) the xfig-3.2.3d-cygwin-1.3 stopped working - generates
> lots of error messages and then terminates. Is there an update
> for xfig I should be using or should I recompile it myself
> rather than using the precompiled binaries? At this time I can
> not even find a reference to xfig on cygwin.com.
>
> I use WinXP Pro, SP1.
>
> Any help will be appreciated,
> Boris.

Boris,

xfig is (unfortunately) not an official Cygwin package, nor is it
currently maintained.  You should be able to compile it from source OOTB,
though.  If you succeed, you might consider packaging and maintaining it.
I'm sure a package proposal on the <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com> list
will be cheerfully supported.

> latest cygwin distribution (cygwin 1.3.22-1 and XFree that comes
> with it)

FYI, the "cygwin" and "XFree-*" packages are mostly independent, so you
should provide the exact versions of these packages.  Also, a list of
error messages would be helpful, on the off chance that this has to do
with some changes in some XFree-* package.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu