Seg Fault when I try to run OTB with XFree

I posed this problem to a OTB mailing list to no avail, so maybe somebody here can help.  I recently installed Cygwin and XFree86 in an attempt to get OneSAF Testbed (OTB) running.  I have heard from many people that they were able to get it running and I was able to get it to compile but when I run I get a segmentation fault when the GUI is trying to come up.

Here is the error:

System crashed.
Scheduler was idle.
An unexpected signal was received.
max system bytes =   39432192
system bytes     =   39432192
in use bytes     =   39430136
Segmentation fault

And here's what I got running it with gdb

$ gdb ./otbsaf
GNU gdb 2003-03-03-cvs (cygwin-special)
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-cygwin"...
(gdb) run -nonet
Starting program: /cygdrive/d/otb/src/otbsaf/otbsaf.exe -nonet
warning: HEAP[otbsaf.exe]:
warning: Heap block at 0023E898 modified at 0023F3DA past requested size of b3a

Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
0x77f9eeaa in ?? ()
(gdb) c
Continuing.
warning: HEAP[otbsaf.exe]:
warning: Invalid Address specified to RtlReAllocateHeap( 230000, 23e8a0 )

Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
0x77f9eeaa in ?? ()
(gdb) c
Continuing.

0x00d26343 in _XmFormFindPreferred (f=0x11d20e00, cw=0x0, cg=0x0) at Form.c:1505
1505    Form.c: No such file or directory.
        in Form.c

I don't know if this helps or not, I'm new to Cygwin and XFree so I just staring at the screen randomly pushing buttons now.

Thanks,
Tom