Re: problem: occasional keystroke doubling (a known issue?)

Lev,

Lev Bishop wrote:
Looking through the archives it seems that people were discussing something like this about a year ago (see the "double keystroke effects with XP" thread), but I'm not sure if this is quite the same thing, since that report talks about problems only with normal-speed typing and I get it even for isolated keypresses.

Or even yesterday and today:

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2003-05/msg00534.html

:)

Basically what happens is that occasionally a keystroke gets doubled. Its nothing to do with focus changes AFAICT (see "New devel to-do item (release all pressed keyboard keys on focus loss)" thread). Most often noticable with doubled newline after completing a command. I've only observed it for xterm but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen for other clients. The most reliable way I know to replicate it is to do something like "info coreutils" and then slowly keep pressing "n" for the next topic. Maybe 1 time in 10 you can see it actually jumps 2 topics not 1.

Run 'xset r off'. That should fix your problem. If not, try fiddling with the Windows key repeat rate in the Control Panel.

Please let use know if either of these fixes your problem.