RE: Custom icons per window class/name patch

> Hi Ralf,
>
> > Huh, where was the problem ? I've build it after applying all recent
> > patches from Earle.
>
> When I applied Earle's and your patches in sequence, clean, from Harold's
> test86 sources I got some minor hiccups on the last .dif.

I have seen, that you have got already this problems. Thanks.

> I've noticed that KDE icons have problems in their transparent
> backgrounds(e.g. konqueror). I suspect that the colour mask (xor)
> algorithm's from Earle may have a minor weakness with some pixmap sources
> (png's or KDE types?).

probably caused by 16x16x16 pixmaps.

> I'm no expert in bit mangling graphics formats, and
> Earl's algorithms look tricky to me, so I'll put my hands up here.
>
> Mind you, the icon handling is pretty impressive as it stands!
>
> I'll try and capture hicons/CreateBitmap data that goes wrong (I'm
> displaying 16 bit 1280x1024 incase this is device dependent?)

I don*t know, what*'s was going wrong, but anyway, streching the 16x16 bit
images the 32x32 for the task switcher will not give good results.
KDE apps uses the _NET_WM_ICON property to provide a higher sized image. See my
other mail for more informations.

Is there anyone there who has a linux machine with KDE 3 running, which could be
accessed through the internet, so that Erle could connect to this machine and
try by himself ?

BTW: One could use the KDE 3.1.1 release from the kde-cygwin port, but I don't
know I this would be to heavy ? I'm using this for testing this icon stuff. It
need some more time for starting a kde application, but with a fast machine it
would be possible.