PseudoColor and error with XAllocColorCells()

Hello,

I test a software developped on Unix/Linux. This soft is a client of X
server.
So, I want to test the server Cygwin/XWin on  Windows NT4. (Actually, we
have Exceed, and all is OK)
This soft needs to allocate 72 colors and these colors must be writable.
So, the X server must be in PseudoColor
To do that, I put in the file startxwin.bat : start XWin -fullscreen -depth
8
The xdpyinfo returns :
     1 visual
     class is PseudoColor
     depth is 8 planes
     available colormap entries is 256

And I run my program on Unix platform and the display is my PC NT4
I cant allocate my 72 colors with the function XAllocColorCells()
I can only allocate 6 colors with this function.
Can anybody help me and  tell me why ?

Céline RENARD