RE: question about multiwindow mode and application icons

Howdy...

---------- Original Message -------------
Subject: RE: question about multiwindow mode and application icons
From: "Ralf Habacker" <Ralf.Habacker@freenet.de>
> > If so, then with a iWindow and Display* you should be able
> > to get the pWMInfo.  You may want to look at the X porting manual
> > to see if they give some hints in the callback sections of the
> > X servers.
I've got both and they are valid, but unfortunally the XClassGetHint() I'm using to retrieve the application name hangs. May this be caused by threading problems
?

If you're using them in the winCreateWindow() or whatever callback
the window ID may not yet be valid, possibly the window is only
legally alive after winCreateWindow() returns a True?  If there is
an "IsValidWindow()" for X (sorry, apropos doesn't give any leads...)
you may want to see if the ID is valid yet.

As far as threading, AFAIK the main procs all call XInitThreads()
before handing off to their respective message handlers, so threading
wouldn't be the issue.  Maybe re-entrancy is the problem, and maybe
it's not valid to call certain X functions in a window handler
callback?  Windw you have a WindowPtr already, you have access to all
the private goodies with just a -> operator...
--
-Earle F. Philhower, III
 earle@ziplabel.com