Re: Xwin -clipboard causing Netscape6 to crash

Mike,

Please install the XFree86-xwinclip package for Cygwin/XFree86. Then, remove the -clipboard command-line parameter and run xwinclip instead. Report your results.

This will help me to determine if the problem lies with the way that we interface with X or the X clipboard, or if it is specific to the integrated version of xwinclip.

Thanks for testing,

Harold

Mike Parker wrote:

Hi all,
	  I've just noticed that invoking Xwin.exe with the '-clipboard' modifier
is causing Netscape6 to crash. I'm running XFree86-xserv v4.2.0-35 and
XFree86-xwinclip on a Win2k PC. Netscape6 was invoked on my Sparc running
Solaris 5.8 with the display echoed to my Cygwin session.

Netscape 6, if it helps, is v6.2.3.

Any ideas (other than removing the clipboard invocation) on how the conflict
can be resolved?

Thanks,

Mike