Re: XWin won't work

José,

Can you still ping the both the address and the hostname after changing hosts?

Harold

jreis23@clix.pt wrote:

After I add the line 'n.n.n.n hostname' to the 'hosts' file in win2K, no
matter what type (numeric or name) of address I give to 'xwin -query', XWin
don't pass from the busy pointer.
If i remove the libe from 'hosts' file XWin works with the name address.

Thanks,
José (sorry about the personal reply)

If you are really adding the line as you say, it should not be causing a

problem when accessing the host via the numeric address.

I think you must be doing something else that are not noticing or thinking is significant. Any ideas on something else you might be doing

that could have an effect?

Does XWin -query hostname work?

By the way "hostname" is probably not a valid hostname... I hope that isn't what you are using in hosts.