Re: Xv/XVideo?

Thor Johnson wrote:

> Greetings (and mucho thanks for the -norestart option for Xhost oddities)!
>
> I have a new boneheaded question:
> What is the difference between xv (as used in mplayer, ogle, etc) and
> XVideo?

I don't know it for sure, but it's the same. XVideo is an interface to the
XServer to allow a fast display of video. With XVideo you can for example
get access to the backend scaler of the graphicscard and let the graphicscard
scale the video to fullscreen.

But this depends on the used graphicscard and for each graphicscard you need
a special driver, which we don't have for Cygwin/XFree86.

> mplayer told me to use xvinfo to see if xv was working properly; under
> cyg/XF86 on my, I get:
>     $ xvinfo
>     X-Video Extension version 2.2
>     screen #0
>     no adaptors present

sorry, no hardware support :(

> I'm trying to get my windows box in shape for some MythTV development.
> Slow is much better than none (at least until MythTV 0.8 gels).
>
> Is there a config file I need or ???.

No. XVideo is not supported by Cygwin/XFree86.

NP: Blutengel - Silent Death
--
 Alexander dot Gottwald at informatik dot tu-chemnitz dot de
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723