Re: Lesstif update II

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> Oh... I don't think that will work because I don't believe that the
> Cygwin installer guarantees installation order (or maybe it was the
> order that the post-install scripts were run in)... but I could be wrong.

Doh!  It is the post install installation order that is not guaranteed.  I
think the actual install order does take into account dependencies.

> On the other hand, you could just add the same code that creates the
> links to the lesstif package... that way the links would be sure to
> exist no matter what.

This just seems like a hack.  Surely lesstif is not the only package that
tries to install its app-defaults in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults.

Attached is a new XFree86-lib.sh post install script that implements the
method described in programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/doc/Install section 4.2
"Installing over an old installation".  Please release a new XFree86-lib
with this fix.

I will consider changing the lesstif package to install its app-defaults
in /etc/X11 in the future if it does not appear to be too painful.

Thanks.

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer