distorted menus with multiwindow

I am running a VMS application on XFree86 (version Server-Test 78) which ideally I'd like to run on multiwindows, but when I click on some of the menus e.g. File, Edit, Help, not all of the options are displayed, or sometimes after the menu has dropped down and back up again, fragments of it remain behind on my screen. Is this a bug or is there a flag I can set to stop this happening.

If I use rootless mode with window maker I don't get this problem though.

Thanks,

JS.

Worried what your kids see online? Protect them better with MSN 8 http://join.msn.com/?page=features/parental&pgmarket=en-gb&XAPID=186&DI=1059