Re: Q: Character "~" appears only after following space

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Heiko Nardmann wrote:

> I have the problem that the character "~" appears on my screen only after
> pressing space afterwards. My colleague is using the same software but does
> not have this problem. He uses Windows XP, I am using Windows NT. Is this the
> reason? If yes: any way to solve this for my part?

This is the "dead-key" variant of the (german?) keymap. To solve it, you must
change the keymap the the non-deadkey variant. If you're using the XF86Config
file, you have to add the line
	Option "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
to the Section "InputDevice" with the Identifier "Keyboard1"

bye
	ago