Keyboard works fine for local xterm but not remote

Help (Please)!

I’ve a very strange problem with Cygwin/Xfree86…

If I launch a local xterm (from cywin using Bash) my Uk keyboard works
fine.

If I SSH (using Putty) into a AIX4.3.3 host and run xterm or aixterm,
the keyboard seems to be dead apart from some control keys.

I tried ‘stty sane ^J’ which produces no response until the Ctrl+J,
which just returns the next CMD line prompt.

Ctrl+D will happily close the terminal.

Using GUI programs with text input fields on the same host, work OK.

The launching ssh session only returns the following error…
xterm:  unable to open font
"-*-ergonomic-medium-r-*-iso9241-20-*-*-*-c-*-iso8859-*", trying
"fixed"....

Any ideas?

Dave Hogg (Build Manager)
Global Freight Exchange  (  http://www.gf-x.com/ )
Tel: 44 20 8987 1216   Mob:44 7815 891 395
This message and any attachment are confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, please telephone or email the sender and delete this
message and any attachment from your system. If you are not the intended
recipient you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the
contents to any other person.