From: Ralf Habacker [mailto:Ralf.Habacker@freenet.de]
Sent: 20 January 2003 07:19
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: RE: Using XFree to replace explorer.exe as the window manager
for Windows

I am wondering if anyone has attempted to use
Cygwin/XFree86 to replace

explorer.exe as the window manager.

David Fraser has reported done so with kde-cygwin. See
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-cygwin&m=103072530327420&w=2 for further infos.

Regards
Ralf

Which just shows why its bad to have a monolithic OS instead of one made up of separate components
That's Windows for you...
David