Lockup Starting X

Hi Folks,
I just installed all the latest files from from Cygwin, including Xfree, just last night.

When I try to start X (using /usr/X11R6/bin/startxwin.sh), I see the X window open up, I can see a terminal window open up, but then my entire PC freezes up hard! I've tried this a couple of times (last time with no other apps running except the normal startup stuff), and it still locks the PC hard each time (needing a reset/reboot to recover).

No errors visible, and I'm not sure if there is a log file regarding this (or where). I looked through this list, Google & Dejanews, but didn't see anyone else having a similar problem!

Does anyone have any ideas where I can look, or what's next in trouble-shooting this?

PC is a WinXP (sp1 + all patches), 768mb RAM, about 30g free on the drive that Cygwin runs from (and about 13g free on my boot drive). nVidia TNT card (the old, 16mb original).

Thanks,
Dennis