RE: xhost configuration

Booker wrote:
> I took at look at the docs
> http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/ug/configure-cygwin-xfree-options.html
> and there is no mention of the -ac parameter.

The page does only describe the options that are specific to XWin. The
default parameters are described in the Xserver manpage.

> Nor does doing a XWin.exe
> -h or /h or ? or just running XWin.exe provide any command line
> parameters.

It does. But the output is redirected to /tmp/XWin.log

Maybe this should be added to the options page in the users-guide.

> That doesn't work.  But the hostname did not have actual dns entries
> I added it to our dns server.  That seemed to have worked but it only
> takes out one of the entries.  On startup it always has duplicate
> entries:

Is this the host where xfree is running? I think these entries are added
to allow connections from the host where the xserver is running. I think
the entry is added twice because the host might have to network interfaces
and they are sharing the same hostname

> access control enabled, only authorized clients can connect
> INET:chocolate-meat.lava.net
> INET:chocolate-meat.lava.net
> INET:localhost
> LOCAL:
>
> I can do a xhost -chocolae-meat.lava.net and it takes out one of the
> entries.  But it doesn't take out the duplicate entry.  And when I exit
> X and restart it (startxwin.bat), it has both entries again as above.
> Any other hints?

If this is the host where xwin is running, then you can ignore these entries.

bye
    ago
NP: Silke Bischoff - The Devils Teeth
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723