Re: xkbcomp.exe segfaults

Alexander Skwar wrote:

> I now tried to start 'gdb /etc/X11/xkb/xkbcomp.exe'.  Then I opened the
> Console and entered "run -xkm -m de /etc/X11/xkb/keymap/xfree86
> /tmp/de.xkm".  I now get this output in the Console window:
>
> Starting program: /etc/X11/xkb/xkbcomp.exe -xkm -m de
> /etc/X11/xkb/keymap/xfree86 /tmp/de.xkm

> 0x0040f93e in _size_of_stack_reserve__ ()
> Single stepping until exit from function _size_of_stack_reserve__,
> which has no line number information.
> 0x77fa4db3 in _libuser32_a_iname ()

the cygwin dll seems to produce some internal segfaults. Maybe this is one.
If you get a segfault, just get the backtrace and then continue (c). If
It was the one from xkbcomp the program will then fail to continue.

You can also go to the xc/programs/xkbcomp and check if xkbcomp was compiled
with the -g option. This turns on debug symbols. If it's not, you can simply
add this option to CFLAGS and LDFALGS in the Makefile and run
$ make clean includes depend xkbcomp
in the directory to rebuild only xkbcomp with debug symbols.

bye
    ago
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723