Re: Cygwin GNOME 1.4 binary packages

Ian Harcombe wrote:

Just to voice a quick vote of thanks to all involved in getting this
working.

I am now happily running Gnome 1.4 (with all the extra bits n bobs
you've provided) under Cygwin on a Windows XP Professional laptop as my
normal development environment at work. It is clean and responsive, and
now that sawfish is running properly, very pretty indeed.

My vote of thanks too! But I can't get it to work, would appreciate any comments.
It seems to be a problem with the goad_server which seems to be something to
do with CORBA/COMM. Is there any way I can debug it? I have attached
the startup log below.
BTW, I installed it using the cygwin setup utility, not the installpkg script, could this
be a problem?
Thanks
David

starting gnome on display :0

_IceTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.ICE-unix should be set to root
_IceTransmkdir: Mode of /tmp/.ICE-unix should be set to 1777
SESSION_MANAGER=local/auga:/tmp/.ICE-unix/1868
env: gnome-upgrade.py: No such file or directory
/bin/bash: line 1: aumix-minimal: command not found
can't load fixed font during initialisationxscreensaver-command: not found
xscreensaver: not found
Gnome-Message: gnome_execute_async_with_env_fds: returning -1

** WARNING **: goad_server_activate: goad.c 673: unexpected exception IDL:CORBA/
COMM_FAILURE:1.0:

** WARNING **: sysex: IDL:CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0.

** WARNING **: usrex: IDL:CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0.