Re: XDMCP on Windows 95

Yup, you can specify the port number.  From the ``man Xserver'' page:
XDMCP OPTIONS
       X servers that support XDMCP have the  following  options.
       See  the  X Display Manager Control Protocol specification
       for more information.

       -query host-name
               Enable XDMCP and send Query packets to the  speci-
               fied host.

       -broadcast
               Enable  XDMCP and broadcast BroadcastQuery packets
               to the network.  The first responding display man-
               ager will be chosen for the session.

       -indirect host-name
               Enable XDMCP and send IndirectQuery packets to the
               specified host.

       -port port-num
               Use an alternate port number  for  XDMCP  packets.
               Must be specified before any -query, -broadcast or
               -indirect options.

Thus, you would do something like:
XWin -query smpd9 -port 6556 -fp tcp/smpd9:7100 -from a217447

Harold

J S wrote:

Okay, okay, but I didn't want to be that hard on Sylvain as he is a good contributor to our discussions... I just wanted to put up a friendly reminder that everyone, I more so than others, should sometimes tone down our messages. That's all.

Harold