Re: XDMCP on Windows 95

Sylvain,

I am not understanding why your response was appropriate. The default port for XDM has nothing to do with Microsoft, unless Microsoft has decided to use port 177 for one of their products. If that was the case, then a simple mention that ``Product Foo'' uses port 177 would have been sufficient, right?

Harold

Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
 --- Alexander Gottwald <Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de> a
écrit : > J S wrote:

Fatal server error:
XDMCP fatal error: Session declined No valid address

And yes I have read the FAQ and used the -from flag. There aren't
any errors
in the xdm logs, so I tried to run the xdm in debug:

xdm -udpPort 6556 -nodaemon -debug 10 -config
Why this port? The default port is 177.
Alexander, this exactly Microsoft problem : M$ is building its products
thinking all people is using defaults, hiding some bugs that appear
only in some cases.
Lets f*ck the student case ! We're in real life !

=====
Sylvain Petreolle
spetreolle@users.sourceforge.net Fight against Spam ! http://www.euro.cauce.org/en/index.html
ICQ #170597259

"Don't think you are. Know you are." Morpheus in Matrix, chapter 15.

Soyez solidaire soutenez l’action du Téléthon avec Yahoo! France.
http://www1.telethon.fr/030-Espace-Relais-Dons/webtirelire1.asp?hebergeur_id=1309