True-type Fonts on *nixes and Cygwin XFree also?

Hi,

	I recently read this article

http://corefonts.sourceforge.net/

	And applied the procedure to my Linux machine.

	My question is, how relevant is this to Cygwin?
	Meaning, does Cygwin use True-Type and anti-aliased fonts?

	If Cygwin can use anti-aliased fonts, how do you get that working?

	The installation procedure has a few steps that pertain to the RPM module.
	I tried downloading the Cygwin port of it, and the link seems to be broken.

	Does anyone have information on anti-aliased fonts on Cygwin?