Re: Uses for Cygwin/XFree86

Chris,

By the way, if you have not been following the list for the past week, the new ``-rootless'' mode makes it much more convenient to work with a combination of Windows programs, X forwarded windows, and local X windows. For example, I can be using Xfig, emacs, and xterm (for running make on my Latex) under Cygwin/XFree86, and I can ``click-through'' to the Adobe Acrobat window that is underlying the X programs that I am using to see what the latest compiled PDF looks like; when done with Acrobat I can click back on one of the X windows to bring it back into focus.

I will really have to add a screenshot of the rootless mode.