RE: x-server with window-manager

Sven,

> > For future reference, Cygwin/XFree86 is not in any way based on Xnest.
>

> i tought that i've read something like that.
> was it Xvfb? but it's not so important...

You must be reading some really ancient materials.  There was a very early
version of Cygwin/XFree86 (about two or three years ago) that was a hack on
Xvfb.  However, since then Cygwin/XFree86 has been completely rewritten and
now we directly use the ``fb'' and ``shadow'' layers that are used by many
of the XFree86 drivers for graphics cards.  But, none of that is really
important...