Re: Invoking rootless mode

Holger,

You will probably want to grab that Test 67 preliminary release that I just posted... it has much better performance due to reduced logging. Take a look at your /tmp/XWin.log file, it is probably over 50 MB.

http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xwin/shadow/XWin-Test67.exe.bz2

Harold

Holger Vogt wrote:

Hi all,

I have just installed XWin-Test66.exe over a very old Cygwin
installation (May 01, X-dlls March 01) on a Windows NT4 notebook. After
starting and a short DOS box pop up ... nothing happened.

But then there it was: a small green rectangle among all my Windows
icons stating "sh".

Now my screen is full with applications (Xman, Xciruit drawing program,
MAGIC layout editor), and still the Windows background, Windows Netscape
and others.

Congratulations, great work.

Holger Vogt