GTK+ for XFree86 cygwin - Window or Unix src files? And other windows dll's really.

If I want GTK+ for use on cygwin and Xfree86.  Let's
say I want to compile Dillo for the XFree86 server.
Do I get the Windows version of GTK or the unix
version?

At a basic level can I link to Windows libraries
(which they all are since I am on windows) and expect
the code to work in XFree86 on Cygwin?  I haven't
tried this yet, obviously.
I know people have gotten Dillo to work, so GTK must
work, but which version.
Should one always chose a version over another?
thanks