From: Jean-Claude Gervais <jc.gervais@videotron.ca>
To: Cygwin-XFree <cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com>
Subject: Bug report: Using Cygwin-Xfree through Remote Desktop Sharing (RDP)
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 11:00:28 -0400

This is complicated, so I'll try to be clear.

Let's say you have machine A, which is a Windows XP machine that has Cygwin
and Cygwin-XFree installed on it.
You use A to connect to B. B is a machine running Linux and X.
Everything so far works.
Then you use machine C (a machine running Windows 2000) to remote-control
machine A with Windows XP Remote Desktop Client (RDP).
Machine C can use machine A's Cygwin-XFree connection and view machine B. No
problem.
However, when machine C breaks its connection to machine A, machine A's
Cygwin-XFree will no longer display machine B. It will instead display a
white screen in Cygwin-XFree.
Although I am pretty sure that A is still connected and controlling B, it
can no longer see B's display.
It seems like Remote Desktop Client mucks-up Cygwin-XFree.

I hope that that was clear enough.

Thanks.