xwinclip re selection polling

Hi All,

I'm a first time poster so appologies if I've misunderstood the etiquette rules or not found a previous answer to this.

The message at :

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2002-01/msg00213.html

Lists polling as an unsatisfactory way of handling the ownership setting issue. Whilst I agree I do have a slight variation to question on.

If a windows hook were used i.e. SetWindowsHookEx would this not tell you when the XWin looses focus. Would this not be a good time to claim ownership of selection and ask for it's content.

The reverse would also be true that you could use the time when XWin gains focus to handle the setting ownership of PRIMARY and CLIPBOARD to hold the windows clipboard data.

Again excuse the ignorance if this isn't helpful in anyway. I only started looking at xwinclip 3 days ago and I'd never seen X development before that.

Hope it is helpful,

Chris Twiner