Imakefile.c:9: Imake.tmpl: No such file or directory

I am having some trouble creating the xrn newsreader Makefile with xmkmf
(error in Subject line).

>From reading the man page I know the "missing" file is the "master template
file" but a) that's about as much as I do know, and b) there is no such file
anywhere on my machine. Is this something I need to generate, or what? If
so, how, please?

TIA