Re: x-windows opening up too large

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, J S wrote:

> I know this probably seems like a window manager problem but I tried
> openbox, mwm, twm, fvwm2 and all suffered the same problem as window maker.

I don't think you'll find a wm, which handles this in another way.

The defautl behaviour of all wm i know, is to display the window in the
size the program requested. If for example Netscape is started and wants
to display the window in 1600x1200, but the screen is only 800x600, you will
only see 1/4 of the actual display.
With fvwm, the other parts of the window are displayed on the surrounding
virtual desktops and you can switch to these desktops.
But the only solution for you problem is: Set the diplay resolution to
a higher value.

bye
	ago
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723