RE: Help with fixing x2x...

Sounds like one of the sockets in the FD set is not a socket?

Could you post enough of the code so we could see?

-----Original Message-----
From: cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com]On
Behalf Of Conrad Scott
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 3:28 PM
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Help with fixing x2x...

"Thomas Chadwick" <j_tetazoo@hotmail.com> wrote:
> After doing this, select is still non-blocking, returning -1,
and the value
> returned by WSAGetLastError() is 10038, which seems to
correspond to the
> #define WSAENOTSOCK in winsock.h.
>
> Any idea what this error code means and what steps I might take
to fix it?

It would be (perhaps more) instructive to print out errno (rather
than the WSA errno) since errno is what select(2) sets.

As a matter of interest (since I'm currently fiddling around with
some similar code), are the two file descriptors UNIX domain
sockets?

HTH

// Conrad