Re: Updated: ghostscript-7.05-1 (test release)

--- Harold L Hunt II <huntharo@msu.edu> wrote:
> What is going on here Mr. Jack Larsen?  We have had four posts of
> this
> meesage to cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com.  Were you intending to post
> this to
> cygwin-apps or somewhere else?
>
> Have you put this in release/ or release/XFree86?  If it isn't in
> release/XFree86 then you need to talk to cygwin-apps to get it
> approved.
>   cygwin-xfree is only in charge of release/XFree86.
Harold,

Actually this was discussed on Cygwin apps and the maintainers came
to the conclusion that, when a package has both XFree and non-XFree
components, you should:

A)Discuss the non-XFree components on cygwin@cygwin.com
B)Discuss the XFree components on cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
C)Only need to seek approval once from the cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
  list.

This was done to insure that the volume be kept to a minimum on an
already heavily used list (cygwin@cygwin.com).  So it is fair game to
discuss the ghostscript-x11 package on this list.  And I do believe
Dario did make a test annoucment on here a few weeks back.  Here is
the hint, in case you forgot:

@ ghostscript-x11
sdesc: "A Postscript interpreter (GNU version, X11)"
ldesc: "GNU Ghostscript is Postscript interpreter capable of
converting PS
files into a number of printer output formats.  Ghostscript can also
render PS files into a number of graphics file formats.  This package
contains the X11 build for Cygwin/XFree86."
category: Graphics
                    ^^^^^[You're right that it should have XFree86]
requires: cygwin XFree86-base libpng12 zlib ghostscript-base
external-source: ghostscript
test: 7.05-1

This does not, however, excuse the quadrupal posting on the sender's
part.

Cheers,
Nicholas