Re: Expect Script under X-Windows

--- Thomas Chadwick <j_tetazoo@hotmail.com> wrote:
> So you're writing a script that very likely will contain a password in
> cleartext?  How secure is that?

Keep it on a floppy-disk, and keep that in plastic case in your pocket.
It works for me.  Then it will be just as secure as your wallet.  Now how
secure that really is, depends on the individual.  Still it is preferable
to keeping it on the pc itself.

As for Expect, it *WILL NOT* work.  This is because Cygnus designed
TCL/TK/ITCL/TIX/EXPECT to be mingw like, so that people can use Insight
[GUI GDB] without having to fire up an X-windows session.  Someday we will
have the TCL suite working under both X and native Windows, but that will
involve a lot of work.  For now, lets just leave it at that.

If you *really* want to script, then you should look into some python gui
X utilities to do that for you.

Cheers,
Nicholas