Re: Bug in startxwin.bat after installing with setup.exe in win98SE

Nicholas Wourms wrote:

Excuse me? All I was suggesting is to reword the final setup screen to
something like the following:

-Create Icon on Desktop for Cygwin Command Prompt
-Create Icon on Desktop for Cygwin/XFree86
-Add Icon to Start Menu for Cygwin Command Prompt
-Add Icon to Start Menu for Cygwin/XFree86

Then have setup create the shortcuts in the same fasion it does already. Eventually, I'd like to have it gray-out the check boxes for
Cygwin/XFree86 if it is not already installed. How is this not data
driven? Isn't this what the setup program is for? The last time I
checked, most Windows installers handled the shortcut creation.

Robert is right Nicholas (oh no not this guy again! :p). The question is why add XFree to the list and not SSH and RSH, and Lynx, and, and, and....
And since we can create the shortcuts via the postinstall script, why do you want to add this feature to setup.exe?
The script is not very cool looking, I give you that, but it's far more flexible.

Jehan