Re: [packages] gtk+, glib, imlib

He has something.  Frankly, I think we should let harold release these
packages.  He's got a firm understanding of the underlying mechanics of
how X works.

That is indeed the best choice, maybe I read his message in a way too non-optimistic view =)

 Plus if you commit to maintainership of 1.X, then it is
assumed that you will be working on porting 2.X.  Are you ready for this
responsibility?

It's not a question of responsability, but of lack of knowledge and lack of time to obtain that knowledge ^_^
But again, I don't have idea of how much hard would it be... I just seen the 20k patch to gtk+-1.2.10 by Steven and Corinna says that right now it compiles OOTB.
OOTB is fairly different from "20k patch needed" IMHO, bay shortly after I received a message from Steven stating that his port is fairly old and many things changed (porting of autotools being the biggest, I bet)...

As for freeciv, I will send you a static lib of Xaw3d to see if that will
help you better. I would then release free-civ as is.
We can worry about why the DLL version of Xaw3d isn't working later.

OK.

 Again, is there any rush to getting it out?

No, just the fact that when I begin something I like to finish it soon so that it doesn't occupy space in my head (don't know how to express it in english but an "unfinished task" lingers in my head until it is "put at rest" by solving it).
But again, also given the beauty of win32 native port (well, not that native, it uses gtk+), the is no rush in it.

--
Lapo 'Raist' Luchini
lapo@lapo.it (PGP & X.509 keys available)