Re: xfs (font server) crashes under cygwin. Anyone got it to work?

On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 04:35:07PM +0200, Alexander Gottwald <alexander.gottwald@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de> wrote:

> Just a thought: How are the fonts mounted? Some programs don't like
> textmode files.

G'day Alexander,

I've only really got in to cygwin since I've started having to run XP on
my laptop, so I'm not sure exactly what you mean. (I'm from FreeBSD stock
before then...)

Do you mean during the initial installation did I choose "unix" style
files? If so, yes. (And the fonts I've been testing with are just the ones
installed by the cygwin package into /usr/X11R6/bin which I presume are
then mounted unix style.)

Thanks,
Greg