xterm fails to start with "setuid failed: Permission denied"

Hello kind souls,

I've installed the latest Cygwin & XFree86 ; the Cygwin utilities & shells
themselves run fine, as does the XFree86 X-server - that is, the twm window
manager starts up alright, but when the first (or any thereafter) xterm
window announces its position and I click to accept, it vanishes again
instantly. After some digging around I found the '-hold' option, and when I
use this I can see that before refusing any further interaction, the xterm
window displays the message "setuid failed: Permission denied". This happens
only for xterm's that I try to open from my own machine; when I do an "xhost
+", and open an xterm on another machine with display to my machine, it
works ok.
I did set my CYGWIN env. variable to "ntsec ntea", chown'ed xterm.exe to
'Administrator' and chgrp'ed it to 'Administrators' (my own account is
'fputte', not a local one but a domain account), and did a "chmod ugo+sx
xterm.exe" but all that didn't help either.

I'm probably overlooking something, but I have read the XFree FAQ, I've
searched the mailing list archives and did a Google-search, but nothing
seems relevant.

Any advice ?
rgds,
Florimon van Putte

PS: My config: HP Vectra PIII/500Mhz 128 Mb, NT 4/SP6

System Developer,
CMG Telecom (a division of CMG Noordwest-Nederland B.V.)
Graadt van Roggenweg 350 (Hojel Center D, Begane grond)
3531 AH Utrecht
P.O. Box 8013
3503 RA Utrecht
Cell: +31 (0)654 636 046