[ANNOUNCEMENT] Server Test 60

Links:

I just posted Test 60 to the server development page:
http://xfree86.cygwin.com/devel/shadow/

You can install the Test 60 package via setup.exe by selecting the
'curr' package: XFree86-xserv-4.2.0-7

(Note: Test 60 is the new stable release.)

Server Test Series binary and source code releases are now
available via the sources.redhat.com ftp mirror network
(http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html) in the
pub/cygwin/xfree/devel/shadow/ directory.  You may wish to note the
desired filename in the links below, then download from your
closest mirror (http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html).

Server binary, direct link:
http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xwin/shadow/XWin-Test60.exe.bz2 (1070 KiB)

Server source, direct link:
http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xwin/shadow/xwin-20020622-0007.tar.bz2 (72 KiB)

Changes:

1) Do a clean before rebuilding the server to ensure that the RENDER
extension is compiled in and enabled.  The RENDER extension is now
reenabled.  Unfortunately, the RENDER extension is the cause of the
display problem with KDE 3.0 icons that have alpha channels at a depth
of 32 bits per pixel.  It was previously thought that the LAYER and
RANDR extensions were causing the problem because a rebuild of the
server with RENDER enabled did not actually have RENDER enabled, thus
making it seem that RENDER was not causing the problem.  (Harold
Hunt)

2) wincreatwnd.c - Remove a seemingly erroneous return from
winCreateBoundingWindowFullScreen when we are using the Shadow GDI
engine.  This return was before we called UpdateWindow and
BringWindowToTop.  This seems to have snuck in at some point during
merging of my local 4.2.0 and main trees.  (Harold Hunt)

Enjoy,